A NEW BROCHURE FOR 2018/19 WILL BE AVAILABLE SHORTLY. TO REGISTER FOR UPDATES, PLEASE CONTACT US AT southyorkshireteachingpartnership@Sheffield.gov.uk
Our Advanced Practitioner Framework is modular based and supports continuous professional development across four strands:
- Social work practice – modules that are designed to develop your skills and knowledge, and to help support and enable you to deliver first class services
- Practice education – Stage 1 and Stage 2 Practice Educators awards
- Leadership and Management – modules to support aspiring/new managers and mentors, plus the opportunity for experienced managers to undertake a PG Certificate in Leadership and Management in conjunction with the University of Sheffield’s Management School (which is in the top 1% of business and management schools worldwide).
- Research and evidence-informed practice– as a partnership, we are committed to embedding research mindedness across all areas of social work education and practice. Social work requires compassionate, thorough assessment through empirical engagement with the lives of individuals and families and complex analysis to generate knowledge and understanding. In these core respects social work is very similar to research and requires a similar skill set. In support of this, we:
- Include modules on research and evidence-informed practice in our qualifying and post-qualifying training
- Support social workers to undertake work-based research projects which address practice issues/challenges
- Ensure that social workers understand how cognitive biases and professional cultures can affect the ways they make sense of the world
- Ensure that our social workers can develop and use their research skills within their practice, for example to support effective information gathering, assessment processes and analysis.
All modules are accredited and social workers can therefore build up credits towards a range of postgraduate qualifications including a Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management or an MA in Advanced Professional Practice.